Laikipia University Main Campus is located 50 km from Nakuru town and 11 km from Nyahururu Town, along the Nakuru - Nyahururu Highway. It is situated in a serene environment which is conducive for learning.The Main Campus is the University nerve centre where most courses are offered and has the marjority of students. The student population stands at over 5000.
The Main Campus has numerous facilities ranging from classrooms, laboratories, library, cyber cafe, bookshop, sports & games facilities, hostels for student accommodation, a health centre, restaurant, farm and Lake chacha, among others.
The Main Campus offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes and as well as Diplomas and Certificate programmes as follows: -
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Utilization and sustainability of Arid Lands
- Bachelor of ICT
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology (CICT)
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Bridging in Mathematics/English/Science
- CPA and KATC
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters in Educational Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counseling
The Campus is privileged to have well-qualified and dedicated staff for all courses. Part-time lecturers are also engaged to ensure that our students are well catered for to get the best .
The University has a well stocked library to cater for the needs of the various education disciplines. There is also a cafeteria that caters for the students. Students are expected to make arrangements for their accommodation. The staff is always ready to guide students on this.
We welcome you all to LU Main Campus.